Point 1 is now completed with the great help of Jacques.

I can work with you on point 3 to cleanup with the new attributes declared into XSDs.

Thanks
Marco

Il giorno 16/gen/09, alle ore 08:37, mrisal...@libero.it ha scritto:

Hi David,

about the status of point 1 is really mostly done but I think at maximum next week we will have all cleaned.

Thanks
Marco

What do we still have that is up in the air for refactoring, cleanups,
and enhancements? I know quite a few have been worked on recently but
I'm not sure of their exact status, but here are some that come to mind:

1. UI label cleanups: Marco/Jacques, mostly done except for a couple
of specialpurpose components?
2. Double -> BigDecimal: Scott/David, good chunk done but not the
whole project yet
3. simple-method, widget attribute consistency: David/Jacques, all
XSDs and Java updated, still a few app files that need cleaning up but
the framework is mostly done
4. portal framework and my portal: Bruno/Hans, this seems to be pretty
far along but some refinement and decisions about how to work with
framework versus apps needs to be done including the possibility of
having a MyPortal webapp that is part of the framework and that
applications, specialpurpose, and hot-deploy components can make
portlets available for, plus pre-build portlet sets by role too, so
that end-users can pick and choose based on what is deployed with
inherent support in the framework (by the way, I think this is cool,
it is kind of like a new framework feature with a common tool
applications can use, kind of like many of the nicer OS X features
where there is a clear line between the OS and apps but the OS
provides many things to allow a consistent user experience between
multiples apps, etc)
5. visual themes in manager apps and ecommerce: Bruno/Adrian/others,
pretty far along, basics done yet? this is another cool feature and I
like the UI enhancement experiments that are starting to go along with
this and will hopefully lead is do a very nice default theme at some
point in the near future

Other things? I know I must be missing a few...

On a side note, below is a running wish list I've been keeping and
slowly working on for the last year or so. We don't need to wait for
these for a framework release, and most of the ones related to
cleanups are complete now and so off the list (GenericDelegator stuff,
simple-method/widget stuff, etc). Just some food for thought that I
suppose is on this topic. Still, these are just ideas and things I'd
like to work on (because I'd like to have them for use in day-to-day
work or I think they are important in some way) and without actual
work going on they are fairly meaningless (ideas are cheap and easy to
come by, actualization of them is not).

That said... we may want to work on some security issues before
another release branch...

- ETL tool for mapping relational and Map/List/etc data, probably as
operations in simple-methods (it is already pretty good for this, but
more need to more in abstract and then apply to simple-methods and see
if/what changes are needed)

- XML consume operations for simple-method (and possibly XML produce
too, though perhaps not because data prep can be done in simple- method
and then FTL is a great way to template out the XML to produce)

- Drools support

- XSS prevention tools:
http://jira.undersunconsulting.com/browse/OFBIZ-559
Perhaps use service engine filters for ALL incoming data and by
default do not allow HTML; all service in fields that should allow
HTML will have to disable this filter manually, so it will require a
bit of work.

- other security issues:

- IDE plugin for eclipse that uses artifact info stuff

- artifact info stuff for ftl files, groovy scripts

- AJAX form/etc widget stuff, especially a dynamic tree for the tree
widget and better dynamic widgets in the form widget for various things

- docs: reference (based on training videos), "support", training,
example narration