Thank you Hans,
the captcha works again right now.

BTW I had the opportunity to give a deeper look at it and found that
it does not protect the system as I would have expected.
I mean that the code string is available in the page HTML in an hidden field:

<input type="hidden" name="captchaCode" value="wqPKhT"/>

So it will be really easy for a script to read it and copy back into
the Verify field.

-Bruno