+1

Sam

On 15/04/2009 05:14, "David Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

Today is the day we have discussed for a while! A lot of improvements
and fixes have gone in over the last few weeks, but it is important to
remember that the release branch is primarily time-based and is a
"line in the sand" as it were to begin the effort of stabilizing a
specific code base so that end-users who want stability over features
have that option. Some things make it in, and other things don't make
it, and that is true no matter when we draw the line (but we don't
want to delay it forever). What we have in place it a HUGE improvement
over the release4.0 branch, and that is the most important point to
keep in mind.

Along with that there is a planned press release coordinated with the
Apache Software Foundation Public Relations Committee (that's a
mouthful! no wonder we use acronyms like: ASF PRC) for tomorrow
morning (Wed 15 April).

That said, the target date/time for the release branch is later
tonight (and when I say tonight I mean according to USA time, just to
clarify). To follow the date pattern we have discussed and make it
clearly a date I'm thinking of the actual name for the branch
directory to be "release200904" (and please feel free to comment on
that if you think something else is better).

However, that I will only do that IFF we have a positive vote for the
release, hence this message!

Please vote:

[+1] Create the release branch tonight, April 14th (it will be April
15th for GMT-0)
[+0] Abstain
[-1] Do not create the release branch tonight

Please remember that everyone is free to (and encouraged to!) vote,
but only the PMC votes are binding.

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible with amazing
contributions over the last 2 years, and a heightened activity in
recent weeks and months to make this a spectacular release.

-David

Sam Hamilton
CTO
Virtual Village