That's basically what it is now. The option has been there for many years in fact.

-David

On Apr 15, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

Maybe we could use a parameter for that and not by default ?

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
On Apr 15, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
David E Jones wrote:

This was indeed done to help with that, but I think I like it anyway. The overall effect is that it distinguishes the IDs from other sources,
etc. On the other hand... maybe it's a little ugly?

It's actually quite nice when you deploy a website on a developer
machine, a preview system, and a production machine.  If the code is
creating files that have to match up with an auto-generated id, and
said files are *also* commited into revision control, having a
per-machine prefix makes everything function a lot smoother.
That's a good point. With that you could also easily identify staging data that accidently makes it into the production server and fairly easily eliminate it too.