I am fine with your, Andrew & Jacques thoughts on this.
Thanks & let's keep it as it is.

--
Ashish

David E Jones wrote:

Yes, I agree... let's leave it all as-is. The number is a limit to the size and has nothing to do with the actual amount of space required to store the field... ie it is a VARCHAR and will only use the space required for the length of the actual value.

Whatever the case, if it's not hurting anything, let's not change it... especially when there may very well be systems that have values that long so we'll need it in order to work with them.