On Apr 23, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Vikas Mayur wrote:

On Apr 23, 2009, at 11:09 PM, David E Jones wrote:

-1.

In fact, a big huge -1. I don't think those names make it easier to understand but rather more difficult, and then they are also not grouped so well in the entity data maintenance and other webtools pages, etc.

Are we so concerned about grouping such entities in entity data maintenance etc., I think yes, but question is should it be the criteria to name any entity for example like PortalPortlet, I think no. Well this name is not misleading when it comes to looking at the structure of this entity and reading the description but certainly it is because it is just about portlet information and not a portal.

I think it is time to define meta data for entities to make it easier to group them etc... we could use the existing "package" attribute (that right now is not really used because it contains org.ofbiz for all the entities) or (maybe better) define a new one, or new elements. It would be also nice to have the ability to specify more than one group (for example Product could belong to more than one group like "catalog", "order" etc...) Then in webtools we could add the ability to group/filter data by group (aka domain)