Hello,

As we all know that we have a file "mergefromtrunk.sh" that we use to apply the changes from the trunk to release branch 9.04. In each commit done on release branch, the log message that we see is "Applied fix from trunk for revision: ${trunk_revision_number}".

This is all good.
But WDYT if we read the log message from that particular trunk_revision_number and put it in the consecutive line "Applied fix from trunk for revision: ${trunk_revision_number}".

For example :
The log message from last revision on trunk is :

close button on commevent was not working: fixed

After this feature(if we do so) the updated log message on the release branch 9.04 will be :

Applied fix from trunk for revision: 768857
close button on commevent was not working: fixed

This will help developers in future to see the reference of logs in the single email instead of searching things here and there.

Thoughts (Doable or waste of time) ?
Thanks !

--
Ashish