Don't worry, I expected some level of resistance to a change of this magnitude, plus this requires a very different way of thinking so I planned on having to explain it, I tried to cover everything in the document, but that's impossible to do :)

This is VERY similar to the existing security implementation, and very similar to other security APIs out there (JSecurity, Spring Security, etc). The slight differences are:

Easier to understand and follow. Reading the new permission string format, you can see what is being checked. Nothing is hidden. The logic used to determine granular access control it defined on the permission itself. No more guessing where permission logic is located.

It is much easier to extend, create seed data which overwrites the default permission logic references and use your own custom logic to determine access. No need to override service definitions or patch code (well once the migration is complete) or comment out ECAs.

So, now my questions for you are: What is missing? What does this new API NOT do, which you are looking for?

Andrew