On Saturday 02 May 2009, BJ Freeman (JIRA) wrote:
>     [
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2346?page=com.atlassian.jira.pl
>ugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12705203#action
>_12705203 ]
>
> BJ Freeman commented on OFBIZ-2346:
> -----------------------------------
>
> the multiflex theme uses
>
> <#assign nowTimestamp =
> Static["org.ofbiz.base.util.UtilDateTime"].nowTimestamp()>

> Foundation - <a href="http://www.apache.org"; class="tabletext"
>
> > Change Copyright Year
> > ----------------------
> >
> >                 Key: OFBIZ-2346
> >             Fix For: SVN trunk
> >
> >         Attachments: Copyright_Year_Change.patch
> >

> > I don't know much about when this copyright year and other related info
> > changes come into existence. But if its right time to change the
> > copyright year then here is the patch. And if it comes into existence
> > after the completion of year then we can safely close this issue. Thanks
> > !
> > --
> > Ashish

I do not think that this is legally right.

My understanding of the Berne Convention rules for Copyright (which covers
most jurisdictions - even the USA now), is that the copyright period only
gets extended when the copyrighted item gets updated.  It can not be
extended indefinitely just by saying that this has happened, it requires
real action on behalf of the copyright holder.

I would suggest that you ask the Apache lawyers before implementing this.

David