On May 7, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Yes, but how many themes should we keep OOTB ? Imagine in some time we get a lot of them, should we put them all in OFBiz OOTB ? Also this means more maintenance. See my message about message.ftl for instance. On the other hand it's clear than a theme only in the gallery is almost dead, following OFBiz pace is not easy nowadays...

The solution ? Every author should be responsible of his/her themes maintenance (for themes in gallery). I just read Ryan msg about WordPress, I think that this is how it's done there...

Maybe for themes in the gallery, but certainly not in the trunk. There is no concept of individual code responsibility or exclusive control over any code, even if they wrote it. Doing so often results in far more difficulty with hurt feelings and such when someone else helps out. In other words, we're working on building one big project, not a bunch of little projects (yes, it is organized in many parts, but all part of one big whole).