I have a question about artifact and Freemarker template. In the description below is a Freemarker template considered as an artifact ? This question because in Freemarker template we may have several entry points for permission and we don't have an xsd to constraint things.

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
This thread is specifically for discussing security requirements and security use scenarios to drive OFBiz security functionality going forward. Please keep other discussion in another thread.

These things tend to fall into two categories: functionality access and record-level access, or a combination of both. That is a high level generalization so just warning you that what I list below may be limited by my own blindness since I usually think in terms of those two things for security configuration. In other words, that's the point of this brainstorming thread.

To get things started, here are a few I can think of and have heard  from
others, these are in no particular order:

1. User X can use Artifact Y for anything that artifacts supports and on any data (where "artifact" is a screen, web page, part of a screen or page, service, general logic, etc)

2. User X can use Artifact Y only for records determined by Constraint Z

3. User X can use any artifact for records determined by Constraint Z

4. Artifact Y can be used by any user for any purpose it supports

5. Artifact Y can be used by any user for only for records determined  by
Constraint Z

6. User X can use any artifact for any record (ie superuser)

Okay, you can see that my initial pass at this is sort of an enumeration of combinations effort. If you can think of other general scenarios, please share! Also, please feel free to share specific requirements that are not in such generic terms (we can worry about putting them in more generic terms like this later).

Thank You!