I'm bumping this because I would like to begin working on it.

I've been updating the design document when I have time - http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Ch8.

There are two design issues that I would like to get finalized soon, so that work can begin:

1. The document proposes converting the Security abstract class to an interface, and adding new methods to the interface that will implement the new security design. If there are no objections to changing Security to an interface, then I will design and document the new Security API.

2. The document describes two artifact hierarchies - static and dynamic. The pros and cons of each is demonstrated in the Access Control Scenarios portion of the document. We need to decide which approach to use. Once that decision is made, we can build out more of the design.

-Adrian