Would it be able to detect auto-sequenced entities? Just thinking out loud...

On Aug 25, 2009, at 3:34 PM, David E Jones wrote:

There is a manual way to do this, ie make sure the data in the database and the file are how you want them to be.

On the entity XML import page (https://demo.ofbiz.org/webtools/control/EntityImportReaders ) there is a checkbox called "Check Data Only (nothing changed in database)". If that is checked you'll see the differences between the data file and the database and you can resolve them manually, or not, as desired.

This may or may not be helpful. It could be expanded into a sort of merge tool, but it certainly isn't that right now.

The alternative you mentioned is interesting and might work out fine, ie have an option to only insert and not change existing records.

-David