Scott Gray wrote:
Hi Bilgin,

Sounds interesting I'll be sure to take a look within the next few days.

As coincidences would have it I've also been working on a POC for ajax autocompletion which takes a different approach. I'm not done yet but should hopefully have something this weekend.
The form definition would look like this:
<field name="country>
<autocompleter result-field="countries" result-value-name="geoId" result-description-name="geoName">
    <field-event>
      <set field="geoName" value="${parameters.country}%"/>
      <entity-condition entity-name="Geo" list="countries">
        <condition-list>
<condition-expr field-name="geoName" operator="like" from-field="geoName" ignore-case="true"/>
          <condition-expr field-name="geoTypeId" value="COUNTRY"/>
        </condition-list>
        <order-by field-name="geoName"/>
      </entity-condition>
    </field-event>
  </autcompleter>
</field>

The field-event is then stored in the session and accessed via a generic request which runs the actions and returns a json result. The field-event tag allows the same elements as the actions and row-actions element so you can call scripts or services or whatever so long as at the end of it the field specified by result-field contains a list of maps.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com