Quick update, I've since learnt that we've already had the trunk and 9.04 branch running on buildbot at the ASF for a few months now. I've created an infra ticket (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2345 ) requesting that build notifications be sent to the dev list and also that the run-install and run-tests targets be added to the buildbot configuration (for the trunk only).

Regards
Scott