Hi Jacques,

I think the two concepts are mutually exclusive, it is completely valid to maintain a vendor branch while developing a hot-deploy component. For example you might maintain a vendor branch for the patches you've submitted to jira that haven't yet been incorporated into the trunk.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com