/\  www.asciiribbon.org

From: "Adam Heath" <doo...@brainfood.com>
Adam Heath wrote:
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Reverted at r888111 in trunk, R9.04 at r888113

Actually, there's more to this.

If you are *just* using ControlServlet parts of ofbiz, which does
serverhit stuff, then you will probably never ever hit this bug.

However, when using webslinger, which is a faster rendering
technology, the bug happens very quick.

Something has happened recently in ofbiz, that is very bad for
performance.  I'm seeing a call to getUserPreferenceGroup service in
webtools control/main being called.  This service seems to always take
more than 100 milliseconds, so this means this bug is never hit.  But
the bug is still there.

Ofbiz backend pages are not optimized for high-volume sites.  Sessions
*must* only be created when nescessary, only after a user has logged
in, or after someone is actually required to be displayed.  Just
visiting the main page should not create a session.  Also, pages
should not always be displayed with https, unless required.  The
overhead for encryption can then be saved.  Logging must not only be
turned down, but *removed* from hot-paths, period.  I'd even go so far
as to have 2 different versions of ofbiz compiled, using byte-code
manipulation to remove log calls.

ClientAbortException/Pipe errors should not be logged.