Bruno,

I did some work along these lines 2-3 years ago, but I can't find it,
now. But I did add WfsEventHandler to work with Geoserver, I believe.
It is probably more than you want right now.

I also remember using the RomeEventHandler to implement GeoRSS and
populated a Google map with markers that way. I would definitely look
into GeoRSS (http://www.georss.org/Main_Page) to do what you want.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

-Al Byers