David E Jones wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2009, at 1:49 AM, Adam Heath wrote:
>
>> David E Jones wrote:

>>> What about it? We can't assume everyone uses Eclipse...
>> What does using eclipse have to do with updating that file?  I don't
>> use eclipse, but I still update .classpath.  I also don't use ant.bat,
>> yet I just updated that.
>>
>> If you know that you have to keep .classpath updated to make eclipse
>> work, and you knowingly check in new libraries, or remove old ones,
>> then why make eclipse broken?  It's really not that hard to change.
>>
>> Honestly, I don't understand why you would think not keeping it
>> uptodate is a good thing.
>>
>> ... perplexed ...
>
> Where did I write "not keeping it uptodate is a good thing?" And if I didn't
> write it, how can you assert I was thinking it?

How else could what you wrote be interpreted?  Because you responded,
it seemed to imply that you disagreed that it wasn't important to keep
it uptodate.

If you actually meant something else, then you should have said so.

My 3 words meant that it should have been updated.  What did you
actually mean?

I still can't see how your response could be interpreted in any other way.

And I'm rather perplexed at having to explain my 3 simple words in
such detail, esp. to you, David.