Please consider that something we have discussed sometime about is to
have a Portal widget.
This would mean to have a user configurable part in whatever ofbiz
screen simply adding a portal widget with a proper portalId in the
screen.
I do not know anything about webslinger but I guess it should let the
user interact with the sistem somehow.

Do you see webslinger could be used in the portal/portlet system?

-Bruno