Le 26/01/2010 15:28, Tim Ruppert a écrit :
Not trying to - but sorry for the tone if it came across that way Hans.  I'm simply
asking why it gets past the committer's desk as "I'm trying to get my people to
provide smaller pieces" is an ok way of committing code.  Isn't that the
responsibility of the committer to tell the person that's providing the code to go back
to the drawing board and break it up?  Isn't that our job as committers?  And as the rest
of the committers, isn't it our job to remind the offending committer to spend more time
with the person who's providing the code so that we don't have to dig thru this much mess?

It's not always easy for any of us, but I just don't see this from other
people, so I wanted to remind Hans.  If all the other committers think this is
ok (which obviously they didn't since Adam brought it up), then I'll happily
back off.  Since that's not the case - and this obviously doesn't follow the
best practices of the project - please let me know how I should encourage Hans
to do what is clearly in our best practices.

What should be done is that this mess of a commit should be reverted and put
back in in pieces - you have to start somewhere and sometimes it's just not
good enough when you have an entire community to just say you're trying hard.
My two cents.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

The problem we have here, is that a too big commit is not well reviewed. From what I saw, and what has been reverted, it seems that a lot of lines have not been validated. We found (at Nereide) already one service going from https to http, and the other thing is a suppression of all the shipment methods from the demo data.

As we are all on different timezones, the responses and explanations are a bit slow, and we cannot understand the reason of those changes.

I'm sure that smaller commits will help us understand the work done, and the reason of the changes, and also point easily the reason of it.

This were my 2 cents....

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz