Adrian Crum wrote:
> I agree that DCL is a bad pattern to use, and coincidentally, I was
> researching the subject last weekend - hoping to find a good alternative
> to propose to the community.

Ofbiz has generally been very luck with it's use of DCL.  Most cases
are hit at startup, and from then on, the maps are fully populated.

You can run into errors, however, when you start clearing out the
caches, while the server is under heavy load.

> Some time ago I had proposed a multi-threaded "Best Practices"
> discussion, but it didn't attract much interest.

Sure.  Just wait until I get my commons-vfs virtual file system
committed.  It has tons of non-blocking programming.