Thanks for your kind words Jacopo. I have spent about two days so far working on this problem already, and intend spending more. If you look at OFBIZ-3500, you will see that I have also spent time documenting my findings.

As a non committer, I don't like to work on stuff unless I get the backing and interest of the commiters. Some other stuff I have suggested in the past has been met with strong opposition or lethargy. I'm sure glad I didn't put a lot of time into those areas.

Btw, I am not complaining, I am trying to get some interest in deciding the path to take to fix this issue.