--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Christopher Snow <sno...@snowconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm starting to get the impression
> that the dependencies from framework to applications are too
> deep rooted.

I think it depends on how big you want the framework to be. Maybe if you scale
back how much is included in the framework, the task will become more
manageable.

> I was originally hoping to be able to
> move the dependencies around so that users could switch
> between a standalone framework and a full ofbiz just by
> commenting/uncommenting component-load.xml.

That's one way of looking at it. The end result I have pictured in my mind is a
jar file you can download and build upon. A lot of the stuff found in the
current framework folder could be added on separately.

> Functionality that needs developing
>
> - CrUD screens for UserLogin

Maybe you should tackle that first - bite off a smaller piece to chew on. Just
work on getting the security-related stuff moved from Party Manager to the
framework. (I started working on that myself, but I had to move on to other
things - look in Jira.)

Try taking smaller steps. Divide and conquer. Don't give up.