Jacques

From: "Bob Morley" <rmor...@emforium.com>

It seems to me that the restrictions as indicated are already modeled on the
SupplierProduct entity.  I believe this is the correct location; anyone that
supplies that particular product would have those restrictions including
minimumQuantity, quantityIncrement, etc.  And generally speaking, all orders
have a supplier -- for a sales order the supplier is simply the owner of
those inventory items; OOB that would be the internal organization party
named "Company".

Moreover, I would hope that the ShoppingCart / its related events and
services would handle application of SupplierProduct to a WiP cart in a
consistent manner.  That is to say if you setup a sales order and your
Company had this record, it should properly apply those rules to that
cartitem line.  I would speculate, however, this application is likely being
made for orderType = PO.

This is all from memory (I am not on my development machine) but I could
envision a facility on the SupplierProduct entity.  That would allow you to
model the supplier that has multiple facilities with different rules. Consider the 3rd party supplier that has different rules for their Toledeo
vs. Syracuse facilities.  Similarly, your internal organization may have
different rules based on one inventory facility vs. another.

Would using the SupplierProduct for this purpose resolve your issue?  There
would likely be some business logic changes to ensure that they are being
applied to OrderType = SO but hopefully no immediate model changes.