Bob Morley wrote:

> Adrian Crum-2 wrote:
>> As an OFBiz user, it seems to me you would have a vested interest in
>> reviewing commits.
>>

> Agreed.  Our fundamental problem (and this is definitely our problem) is
> that we branched off pretty badly and as a result, have not merged Ofbiz
> trunk in a LONG time.  So while we do have a vested interest in these
> commits and the longevity of Ofbiz in general, they are longer term then
> they should be.

We recently switched to using git to manage our debian package of
ofbiz.  Then, after 6 months, I did an upgrade to a newer snapshot.
It took me just half a day to do that.

I'm currently maintaining a single version of webslinger, that
installs into 595296, 811564, and 902021.  I am also maintaining all
those ofbiz versions.

The latter 2 are maintained in git.  It's been my policy to only put
things in the package that first get added to trunk.  This makes
cherry-picking simpler, and, when I eventually upgrade, I can throw
away all the old versions, and just go to trunk.

I can also push the local branch into our internal git, then do a
checkout on production if I need to do some special fixes or production.