Why oh why does the primary key for UserLogin get used as the actual
username during login?  This makes it *very* difficult for users to
change their username.  Even more confusing when the email address is
used for login, but then the user changes their email address, and
wants to change their login name too.

Since all security is attached to userLoginId, and all the
modified-by/created-by stuff is also attached to that, it makes it
difficult to change that kind of schema.

However, what should be possible, is that a new field is added to
UserLogin, that specifies the name to use.  Or possibly a whole new
entity that only relates to UserLogin, and leave the rest of the
system alone.

Does anyone else agree?  We won't have time to work on this right now,
but we are interested in working on this with someone else now, or, in
the future, when we are less busy, doing it ourselves.