When an order item is created for a Purchase Order, its' description is set to "${supplierProductId} - ${supplierProductName}".

When talking to external systems and when creating custom PDFs, I need to access these values separately. Right now I use two order item attributes (supplierProductId and supplierProductName), but I am trying to reduce the number of our customizations.

Would there be any objections to creating a new field "supplierProductId" on the OrderItem entity and using that when creating POs, leaving the order item description as the supplier's product name?