I am using OFBiz 4.0.

I been trying to figure out what causes random high CPU utilization from
OFBiz since its deployment (08/2009), which usually requires a restart of
the application.  I have done lots research at the software and hardware
level and tried many changes, including replacing Minerva with Apache DBCP,
but I still (seemingly) random times when my server CPU is at 100%
utilization, all from the OFBiz application.

I think I may have stumbled upon a possible reason.  The most recent time it
has happened I did a thread dump--something I wish I did last year.  The
thread dump showed one particular process that wasn't finishing, and seemed
to be stuck on
org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractHashedMap.put(AbstractHashedMap.java:273).

The OFBiz log showed the same. A packing session was being completed and
gets stuck on that put function.  The thread stack is pasted below.

I am wondering if this rings any bells with some of the more veteran
developers.  I found this URL
(http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@ofbiz.apache.org/msg14324.html) which seems
to be related to my issue. I also saw that on 4/29/2007 (revision 533476)
that the commons jars were updated.

OFBiz 4.0 seems to using the old commons-collections. Before I start
replacing my commons jars, I wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge of
this situation.