hi all,

Now we are investigating the possibility to extend entity metadata without
restarting ofbiz, which I think make ofbiz more powerful as SaaS platform.

I am not that technical. But my idea is that:

   - have an entity metadata customization admin page to allow user add,
   remove fields (but yes, have to have some policy here)
   - ofbiz can persist such customization back to entity definition file
   - ofbiz can automatically adjust database schema

Not sure whether it is feasible. But if yes, then that would greatly reduce
the TCO, as business user can do minor customization.

Anyway, if we can improve metadata from just database definition up to more
business logic and UI, then that would be even greater.

Michael Xu (xudong)
www.wizitsoft.com | Office: (8610) 6267 0615 ext 806 | Mobile: (86) 135 0135
9807 | Fax: (8610) 62670096