I tried to find the complete thread in markmail but did not.
is it ok to make a patch that moves the agreements to party from accounting.
I have some code and screens that expands the Agreements based on partyrelationshiptypes and the agreement types called out in the data model book. it is also in the party component.
I have created a jira and would be glad do add a subtask to move agreements.

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 8/16/2006 12:24 AM:
Hi all,

what is the right component for the agreement stuff (entity defs,
services, screens)?
Right now, the entity definitions are in the "party" component and the
service definitions and screens are in the "accounting" component.

Since I'm planning some enhancements for the agreements' implementation,
I'd like to put some order.
I don't see any reason to keep them in the accounting component and I'd
like to move them to the right spot.
My first choice is to move everything to the party component (where the
entities are already defined): in fact, after you have created parties
(suppliers, customers, agents...), it's 'natural' to define agreements
with them in the same application (I'd like to add a party subscreen to
list all the available agreements).

However there are some issues with this approach, since agreements are
also associated to the "product" component (AgreementProductAppl,
AgreementPromoAppl) that is an higher level component.

So, what we can do? Should we move all the agreement ui to the "catalog"
application? Or just the product related screens? (I don't like too much
this approach since it is not easy for users to jump from one
application to the other to set up one agreement).

Your feedback is welcome!