time it takes to move an app to the next "improvement"

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 9/22/2010 5:46 AM:
Just curious; what are/have been you main stumbling blocks?

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
I speak not as a voting member of ofbiz but one that has some 50 apps
built on ofbiz.
I doubt if I had know of the way improvements have been implemented
and the work that it would take to upgrade all 50 apps I would have
chose ofbiz.
In short if you ever expect to have ofbiz be a main stay app for
developers you need to be considerate of the time and effort they have
expended to customize and how your "improvements" effect those efforts.

I did not get into ofbiz to support developers upgrading my
customization because someone thought their way was best before
discussing it in the light of production system.
I got into ofbiz because of the framework basically and a Idea that
what I did would work for along time.

At this point I have some serious thinking to do about the future of
ofbiz in my efforts.

BJ Freeman