Same complaint here

I'm working on Ajax stuff in the jQuery branch and needed to parse a result. It would have been much easier and *especially reliable in future* if I could remove all comments in the screen.
The screen is the LookupDecorator and really it would be far better it would no
render any widget boundaries in all case,
independently of any context, or any other considerations.

I think we really miss the possiblity to set widgetVerbose to false at the screen level, independently of any context, or any other considerations...

What's next, nothing, only rants?

Jacques

Scott Gray wrote:
I hate to raise this issue from the dead, but I just want to say that I was
just bitten by the exact scenario I described below.

I was testing out a csv export but the widget comments were coming through in it, so
I thought "no problem I'll just add a screen
action to set widgetVerbose to false".  Didn't work, then I had to spend 5
minutes digging through the code to find out why and
it turns out you can't set widgetVerbose to false at runtime if it is set to
true in widet.properties and then I remembered this
thread and cursed out loud.

So I set it to false in widget.properties and restarted, which is a pain in the
butt.

Thanks
Scott