sounds like you extending the entity engine so the data can be on the Cloud.
Though I would not use it, I can see where some my want to do that.
if the cloud can run ofbiz (java SDK) then sounds like that is all you need.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Michael Xu (xudong) sent the following on 1/13/2011 8:05 PM:
hi all,

There is a very wonderful feature in JIRA - plugin mechanism based on OSGI,
with which ofbiz application could be extended in a very dynamic way. No
need to restart.

It means a lot not from technical perspective but also from business
perspective. If we can borrow the idea from JIRA, then we can bring ofbiz up
to cloud and have an partner ecosystem around it. Taking CRM component as an
example, if we have the JIRA plugin mechanism, we can turn it into another
salesforce.

It seems JIRA plugin is also open source Not sure whether we can merge it
into ofbiz.

Michael Xu (xudong)