I can see any issues with #2 (if it's the question ;o)

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
see I still have to work on my written communication skills.
:D
stated two things:
1) i would demo if interested, meaning I would code then demo.
2) looking to see if any one had input before I coded. so I would not have to change later.

so wanted to make sure you did not have any #2.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 1/16/2011 2:12 AM:
You asked if someone was interested, so am I. I must say it's not easy
to review something with only some sentences. But the idea of separating
users from devs documenation sounds good to me.
Anyway it seemed that you were ready to do it for "the content component
and current help system to use this". This could be your demo

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
so if the demo works you have no suggestions or changes.
dislike putting in the effort then get the suggestions and changes

=========================
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 1/15/2011 2:14 AM:

Could you please demo?

Thanks

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
we have two focuses on the Docbook usages
1)whole document for user and technical
2)help screens for individual screens.

our current structure is each component has a documents folder then
data/datahelp folder.

suggest that the documents folder file be a book, one for user and one
for technical, for that component.
the top file,for user and technical, in data/datahelp/ would be
Chapter.
For the user manual, each help screen be a file that is one or more
sections with id to match entity field names.

This would allow a book be generated per component for both User and
technical.
for #1 they top book for say user docs would point to the top level
file in data/datahelp/ so each component would be chapter.

#2 the book gets complied for that component help files as defined in
the documents folder. the anchors will used to access the section that
deals with the screen. This also lets us expand the help to field
level by adding an anchor for entities field names.

I will be glad to do this on my demo to show response times if any one
is interested.

if no input will refactor the content component and current help
system to use this.