This thread is pushing buttons that haven't been pushed in a while... but they
have certainly been pushed before (in the mailing lists, if you like history).
Unfortunately this will bring out more of my jaded attitude towards various
things... ;)

Right now Apache OFBiz is fairly mature (no huge gaping holes needing to be
filled as was the case for the first 5-6 years of the project), and being part
of the ASF is currently operated in a legitimate and respectable and proper...
bureaucracy.

Being led in a bureaucratic way it is beyond the realm of influence by doers.
At this point the only form of leadership that will work is by those who have
survived the world of business by getting other people to do what they want
because they could not do it themselves. The project now needs someone who
thrives on dealing with complaints because that is the primary form of currency
in bureaucracies (well, aside from actual currency, but being an open source
project with no armed tax and fee policy enforcers there isn't a lot of that
around).

Now assuming such a person were in place and accepted by the PMC and committers
and a proper leader... what is the direction the project should go? What should
it commit to and on what timeline? Who should decide on the direction and the
timeline?

In short:

1. Who decides on the objective(s)?
2. How do you get other volunteers to play along, and commit to a timeline?
3. What objectives would we pursue in OFBiz at this point in its life?

-David