Something more things to think about...

I believe Scott started exploring this option after coming to the conclusion that the current OFBiz Content component is a mess (Scott- correct me if I'm wrong). So, it might help to research previous mailing list discussions about the Content component or CMS in general.

There have been some good CMS ideas discussed in the past - I remember Ean and Adam at Brainfood supporting the idea that OFBiz could serve up content from a repository that is built on a version control system (SVN at the time, but I'm sure they would prefer Git now) . A setup like that would allow you to have a running OFBiz instance that is serving content from revision (or branch) X, and with a simple setting change, that instance would start serving content from revision (or branch) Y. The webslinger component might tie into that somehow - but I'm not sure what webslinger does.

Another thing that was discussed is whether or not we should even have our own CMS component. I suggested that OFBiz could have adapters to connect it to third-party CMS implementations - so a developer could connect OFBiz to any CMS they prefer.

The Jackrabbit integration might facilitate some of those ideas.

-Adrian