I remember changing this during 2010 (can't find the revision)

It was leading to a bug for any other screen (but EditProductQuickAdmin and I just found that) than product creation, since there was no related productId (try prices screen in stable demo for instance). It could be arranged for the product creation screen. But as it's done for all product screens in CommonProductDecorator it's not as easy. Feel free to provide a patch, the idea is to handle it in each screen instead of at the decorator level. This is done in EditProductQuickAdmin.ftl and should be done for other screen at the screen level

Thanks

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>
the behavior was if you put in a productID that did not exist, and did a jump
to product, instead of a message No existing
Products found, the /catalog/control/EditProduct  enter the ID.
then all you had to do was do an update to create the new product.

is there a reason this functionality was removed.

BJ Freeman
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=52>
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man