Ideally, the multi-column layout would be handled by the applications needing it - not by the decorator. But it has been that way for too long to change it now.

A framework-only deployment can have applications too - the Example and Web Tools components are examples.

Would you be willing to move the logic to the GlobalDecorator, or should I do that myself?

-Adrian