Further to my last post re VAT/GST on purchase orders...

I have double-checked and I was wrong about accounting for Australian GST
from purchase orders. When a business chooses accrual accounting, it is
always the sending or arrival of an invoice that changes your GST-related
liability . Smaller businesses have the option of cash accounting, where
actual payments, not invoices, change the liability.

Sorry for the mistake.

I still think estimating the tax when a purchase order is created is useful.
We would know what we expect to pay in total, and if we choose to send
payment with the purchase order, the payment would be tax-inclusive.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy