Hi Rishi,
thanks for your reply

Rishi Solanki a écrit :
Hi Nicolas,
Currently only StatusItem and may 1 or 2 entities have this ability i.e sequenceNum as a field to reorder the types in the drop-down. There is no way to reorder the types in the drop-down, we just arrange it by its id or description.
When I configure a customer site, it's difficult to change id or description to reorder the types, but it's true for labellised type that it's not the description on the entity that is used. The sequenceNum it's the first easier step to reorder, but it's not the better way. On one site, you should have different order Type following the functional context. Another solution, is to add EntityTypeGroupAssoc (with attributes entityTypeGroupId, entityTypeId, description, comments, sequenceNum), that for a group, will give the Type list used to order, and other information that could be interesting for functional group parameter.

Exemple for RoleType, it's a large entity, we can add RoleTypeGroup entity, to manage roleType following the functional context

RoleTypeGroupAssoc OrderMgmt
|-> OrderMgmt, BILL_TO_CUSTOMER, , ,10
|-> OrderMgmt, SHIP_TO_CUSTOMER, , , 20
|-> OrderMgmt, END_USER_CUSTOMER, , ,30
|-> OrderMgmt, BILL_FROM_VENDOR, , ,40
\-> OrderMgmt, SHIP_FROM_VENDOR, , ,50

RoleTypeGroupAssoc SFA
|-> SFA, END_USER_CUSTOMER, , ,10
\-> SFA, LEARNER, , ,20

This entity EntityTypeGroupAssoc, can be used on dropdown to filter and order type, but also for functional service. It's a complement of parentTypeId since parentTypeId create a main type hierarchy. Group create a multiple type hierarchy.

Nicolas

I personally think its interesting and nice idea to have this ability in all the EntityType, but not sure that to have the reordering ability for types we should add the sequenceNum or sequenceId.

Lets come some more thoughts on this.

Rishi Solanki
Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com