Discounts do not become accounting transactions until they are applied to an invoice - then you can use the existing discount-related accounting.

The method of converting loyalty points to a discount is business specific, so I am not sure how that could be implemented in the project. Maybe have an infrastructure in place that a business can tailor to match their business processes.

-Adrian