I am not familiar with VAT so I can not comment on the best way to
approach this for
VAT.
For USA our Tax Authority is based on Government (IRS) which I guess is
similar to VAT But not on Items but gross profit at the end of the
fiscal year. In manufacturing you can not charge off the deduction of
the piece manufactured till the piece is sold. Under this senario the
calculations are done durring the manufaturing process and is additive,
then assigned to IRIS ledger..

The Tax authority for Sales is based on Geo with separate Tax
authorities. Like State, County, city. These are compounded So
Adjustments are complex in computations.

 I bring this up so that the model that is used will accommodate all Tax
Authority scenarios.

This was not a simple effort when we did it so I don't think a
discussion would be simple.
Maybe a Wiki page would be appropriate to come up with a viable design.

biletnikov sent the following on 12/3/2011 8:16 AM: