You can be a contributor already
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices
Becoming a commiter requires more time and efforts https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Committers+Roles+and+Responsibilities

Jacques

From: "Jeff Prickett" <kg4...@gmail.com>

Hi,

I have followed Ofbiz for a number of years and am wanting to become a contributor. I previously worked on the Jetspeed and Turbine projects many years ago. I have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and am pursuing a second Bachelor degree in Accounting.

I have many ideas and would like to streamline the UI and setup process so that
it is less daunting.

I have never deployed Ofbiz in production as I myself do not have a business.

Ideally, I would like to work fulltime with Ofbiz and become a business
consultant or work for a company that uses Ofbiz.

Thanks for your work on Ofbiz

Jeff Prickett