I don't think it is necessary (if the update has been already discussed);and
just to clarify my words: I was not saying that a formal process is now
required to publish website updates (if we want to do this we will have to
discuss this before) but only that any update to the website has to be done
carefully because it becomes immediately "official": the committers (and PMC
members) should carefully review each commit for the website and the author of
the commits should ask before committing something that could be questionable.

Jacopo