On Mar 20, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Use the Moqui approach and separate in
>
> 1. framework,
> 2. services and entities
> 3. application components

By the way, as I mentioned in another thread, I like very much the idea above
of having a lighter framework, a library of generic services and entities and
*one* ERP component/application that represents the implementation of a
specific ERP system that is still rather generic/configurable (but not too
much, we could build it considering a medium company in the retail industry
purchasing/manufacturing/selling different types of products like services and
goods and most of all we should give up pretending that what we have right now
can be used to serve a universal company or be extended to serve virtually any
company in the World)... similar to the existing applications but much cleaner;
then some add ons (external to the above layers) could add reporting/etc...
capabilities or add external specialized applications (e.g. steel industry,
scrum, paper industry etc...).