I see what you mean but... source code releases are required by the ASF.

Quoting http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html :

"All releases are in the form of the source materials needed to make changes to
the software being released. In some cases, binary/bytecode packages are also
produced as a convenience to users that might not have the appropriate tools to
build a compiled version of the source. In all such cases, the binary/bytecode
package must have the same version number as the source release and may only
add binary/bytecode files that are the result of compiling that version of the
source code release."

For simplicity, the OFBiz community releases only "source code" releases; in
addition (not in substitution) to them,we could also vote/approve/distribute
"binary releases" but this would add a lot of work (and the packages would be
rather big) and for now I don't see the need for this.
Of course, and maybe it is what you are suggesting, we could remove all jars
from the svn repository and then create a release package bundling the source
code with all the jars required (and this could be automated with Maven or
Ivy): all this without changing our release strategy.
My main questions are: what is the real advantage of doing this? How this would
solve the problems I posted at the beginning of this thread (that has been
ignored to discuss about tools)?

Jacopo