This is another part of the puzzle:

From: "Pierre Smits" <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Sascha,

The settings in test-containers.xml were upped +1 to ensure that testing
would take place (and not fail) in environments, where the port could
already in use by other systems.

Having rmi and jndi ports set hard coded in other locations would be
against having them set in ofbiz-container.xml and test-container.xml.

Regards,

Pierre

Op 26 april 2012 13:11 schreef Sascha Rodekamp <
sascha.rodekamp.lynx...@googlemail.com> het volgende:

To complete my previous thoughts: The port 1099 is hard coded in the
jndiservers.xml and jndi.properties.

That means when changing the RMI and JNDI port in the *-containers.xml
file the jndiservers.xml and jndi.properties should also be changed.

http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?33711-RMI-invocation-attempts-connecting-to-127-0-0-1

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/rmi/faq.html#nethostname