On 05/03/2012 10:44 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On May 3, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
>
>> So, I'm asking if I can commit these to both trunk
>> and 12.04.  If not, we'd have to wait even longer to fully remove
>> these methods(at least another year).
>
> I didn't review your patch yet so please consider this as a general
> statement; but I don't see big issues in backporting this kind of work (the
> same holds for the work that Adrian is doing) if this makes sense, will make
> the refactoring easier and quicker and there are no big objections.

It's not possible to review the patch; what was attached was just the
changelog and diffstat(git log --stat=120,120).

Such a large set of changes has a fairly good chance of causing
problems.  Whoever does such a wide-reaching search/replace won't
nescessarily understand everything that the code is doing.

Btw, I did not just do a blind programatic change.  I used grep to
find each occurrence, then manually typed in the correct new call.  So
you can be assured that at least one pair of eyeballs looked at each line.