Jacques

From: "fmisa" <frankm...@hotmail.com>
Hi OfBiz Developers...

I'm new to OfBiz - evaluating...
Would like to make some calls on Java Service - via a SOAP or XML-RPC
client.

The online documentation, tutorials and forum are unclear on how best to
invoke a Java method from client (wishing to bypass the OfBiz UI component
"screens" hierarchy)

I've been able to externalize by custom service - by adding export to
service definition:
engine="java"  export="true"

This auto-generates a WSDL for my service - available from here:
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/SOAPService?wsdl

However, when I hit my service - using SOAP call - auto-generated from this
WSDL definition - I'm getting all sorts of SOAP XML deserialize errors....
right at:

line 424 (Trunk) XmlSerializer >> Node tempNode =
mapKeyElement.getFirstChild();

NullPointerException - because mapKeyElement is NULL from previous line: 422: Element mapKeyElement = UtilXml.firstChildElement(curElement,
"map-Key");

The data/elements it's looking for "map-Key" etc. all seem to be there - not
sure why I'm getting a NullPointer here - here's a snapshot of the actual
XML message being sent:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
   xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; >
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <jsx1:testServiceTest xmlns:jsx1="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/";

           <map-Map>
               <jsx1:map-Entry>
                   <jsx1:map-Key>
                       <jsx1:std-String>testAttrib1String</jsx1:std-String>
                   </jsx1:map-Key>

                   <jsx1:map-Value>
                       <jsx1:std-String>testKey1</jsx1:std-String>
                   </jsx1:map-Value>
               </jsx1:map-Entry>
               <jsx1:map-Entry>
                   <jsx1:map-Key>
                       <jsx1:std-String>testAttrib2String</jsx1:std-String>
                   </jsx1:map-Key>
                   <jsx1:map-Value>
                       <jsx1:std-String>testValue1</jsx1:std-String>
                   </jsx1:map-Value>
               </jsx1:map-Entry>
           </map-Map>
       </jsx1:testServiceTest>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

So - I backed up - and decided to work with the OfBiz "Ping" service... just
to test...
From the OfBiz - ServiceReference List - I can schedule a "Ping" job - and
it runs successfully see the attached "workingPing.sqd.jpg" file for
sequence...
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/file/n4636249/workingPing.sqd.jpg

However, I'm not able to call the "Ping" service via a SOAP call - same
error I get with my custom service.
Why is the SOAPHandler failing to process the request message XML ?.... Shouldn't the SOAPHandler delegegate to JavaEventHandler given my service
engine type ?

Should I be using XML-RPC instead ?  I cannot find a single example of
tutorial that walks you through an XML-RPC example.
See the "failingPing.sqd.jpg" for sequence taken by app - when invoking from
my SOAP client...
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/file/n4636249/failingPing.sqd.jpg
Why wouldn't the following SOAP call - be processed by the Ping service ?

Request:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
   xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; >
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
       <jsx1:ping xmlns:jsx1="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/"; >
           <map-Map>
               <jsx1:map-Entry>
                   <jsx1:map-Key>
                       <jsx1:std-String value="message" />
                   </jsx1:map-Key>
                   <jsx1:map-Value>
                       <jsx1:null />
                       <jsx1:std-String value="PING_TEST_BOOYAH" />
                   </jsx1:map-Value>
               </jsx1:map-Entry>
           </map-Map>
       </jsx1:ping>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";

   <soapenv:Body>
       <pingResponse xmlns="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/"; >
           <map-Map>
               <map-Entry>
                   <map-Key>
                       <std-String value="responseMessage" >
                       </std-String>
                   </map-Key>

                   <map-Value>
                       <std-String value="error" >
                       </std-String>
                   </map-Value>
               </map-Entry>
           </map-Map>
       </pingResponse>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Same error - as my custom service:
[java] ---- runtime exception report
[java] Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
[java] Message: null
[java] ---- stack trace
[java] java.lang.NullPointerException
[java]
org.ofbiz.entity.serialize.XmlSerializer.deserializeSingle(XmlSerializer.java:424)
[java]
org.ofbiz.entity.serialize.XmlSerializer.deserialize(XmlSerializer.java:128)
[java]
org.ofbiz.service.engine.SoapSerializer.deserialize(SoapSerializer.java:45)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.event.SOAPEventHandler.invoke(SOAPEventHandler.java:177)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.runEvent(RequestHandler.java:666)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.doRequest(RequestHandler.java:409)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:214)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doPost(ControlServlet.java:86)
[java] javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
[java] javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
[java]
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:318)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)
[java]
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
[java]
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1001)
[java]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)
[java]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
[java]
[java]
[java] java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Hope someone here - can help me understand what I'm doing wrong...
Thanks
Frank